What we had in the beginning:
- Union with God – Adam and Eve walk in the garden with God. (Gen. 3:8 – God comes down to walk in the Garden during the cool of the day.)
- Peace with Self – We strolled naked through the garden.
- Communion with One Another – Adam and Eve were together in peace.
- Harmony with Creation – We were in paradise (2:7-9)
What we lost because of Sin:
- Alienated from God. (Gen. 3:8)
- Ashamed of ourselves. (Gen. 3:10-11)
- Antagonistic toward one another.
- Adam blames Eve (Gen. 3:12)
- Cain kills Abel
- Expelled from Paradise.
- Joy is now Pain (Gen. 3:16)
- Abundance is now Toil (Gen. 3:17-19)
- Life becomes Death (Gen. 3:19)
What we recover in Christ:
- Drawn Close to God. (Eph. 2:1-10)
- No more Shame.
- Christ is not ashamed of us. (Heb. 2:11)
- The Father is not ashamed of us. (Heb 11:16)
- No condemnation for those in Christ. (Rom 8:1-2)
- Boldness for the Gospel. (Rom 1:16)
- Unity with One Another. (Eph. 2:11-22; 4:1-6)
- Restored Creation order.
- The prophets preach the kingdom.
- Revelation speaks of return of Christ, the earthly establishment of the Kingdom of God, and it speaks of the New Heaven and New Earth.