Sometimes I look around at the very talented people I know, and I marvel at how good they are at things. Me? Well, I’m a one trick circus pony. I wish I was had more skills and talents. I’m a hyper-focused guy who has too many opinions and doesn’t know when to stop talking, but in another life I would like to be more well-rounded. So, here is my list of things I wish I could do…
- Play the piano. I had no musical training as a kid. I regret that.
- Play Ice Hockey. I played football into college, and my body is starting to feel it. A lower impact sport would’ve been great.
- Gardener. I know nothing about plants. My wife wanted a hydrangea for her birthday. I went to the local greenhouse and asked if they had any. I was pointed to the area of the grounds where they were. I looked out and saw lots of bushes. I said, “You have to walk me too them because I don’t even know what they look like.” So yeah, I’m jealous of you green thumbs.
- Photographer. Any monkey can push the button, but some of you create photographic beauty.
- Fisherman. I like to fish, but I’m no fisherman.
- Golf. Nevermind, why would I pay so much money just to be terrible?